Practice Safe Grilling Habits for a Safer Summer!
With the summer season, comes family picnics and outdoor grilling. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, grill fires cause an estimated $37 million in property loss each year. Patios, terraces, screened-in porches and courtyards are leading home locations for grill fires.
SERVPRO of Cincinnati East would like to share the following grilling safety tips to help prevent outdoor cooking fire damage.
- Only use grills outdoors
- Keep grills away from siding and deck railings.
- Clean grills often and remove grease or fat build-up.
- Make sure the gas grill lid is open before lighting.
- Always have a three foot safe-zone around grills.
- Dispose of coals after they have cooled in a metal can.
- Never leave grills unattended.
Knowing and following even a few fire safety grilling tips can help everyone have a safer and happier summer. In the event that you experience a grilling mishap and have a fire damage situation at your home, give us a call for quick, professional help!
SERVPRO of Cincinnati East (513) 575-4113