Maintenace of Home Heating System is a Must!
With the cold, winter months among us, now is the time to make sure your home heating system is working properly. Like most things, safe and efficient operation is a function of regular maintenance and check-ups. There are several things you can do to keep your heating system in top working condition.
- Clean or replace the filter: A clogged filter causes the furnace to work much harder and deliver less heat!
- Make sure blower doors are replaced.
- Check the systems belts: Replace any belts that are worn or cracked.
- Check and make sure vents in the home are clear.
- Ensure that the exhaust flue to the outside of the home is clear.
These are just a few tips to help maintain a home’s furnace system. But regular maintenance and periodic checkups by a licensed heating professional are also beneficial for your furnace to remain efficient. Don’t wait until the cold hits and risk having a break down when you need your furnace the most!